Governments at all levels are mobilizing to assist Canadians who are suffering economic hardship during the pandemic. These include:
- deferral of mortgage and loan payments by banking institutions;
- deferral of utility payments; and
- self-isolation support payments.
These resources can be found on www.alberta.ca.
The Canadian government is providing support as well:
- EI waiting period has been waived;
- income support is being offered for people providing care to others in the household;
- extension of the filing of 2019 income tax returns to June 1, 2020; and
- deferral of 2019 income tax payments to August 31, 2020.
These resources are available on www.canada.ca.